Community House Hosts Classes on Better Public Speaking Through Improv
The Community House is partnering with Chuck Gill, founder and artistic director of Imagination Creation Productions, educator, voice, and stage actor, director, trainer, and communication consultant to present “Using The Art of Improv For Better Public Speaking.”
During this 4-week class will share strategies for building your confidence, skill, and even have fun when presenting.
Classes will be held Thursday nights from 6:30-9 PM starting October 15 through November 5, 2015 in the Garden Room at Moorestown’s historic Community House (16 East Main Street, Moorestown, NJ).
Come join us for this interactive and non-traditional approach to learning skills to make you a better presenter and speaker!
Our 4-week class will cover:
- Techniques for calming your “speaking nerves”
- Strengthening presence and developing connection with your audience
- Your Personal Delivery — Pacing and vocal variety
- Finding your authentic voice
- Speaking extemporaneously
- Finding and delivering the key points to getting your message across using the art of story.
Each week’s class will be a combination of:
- Improvisational exercises
- Impromptu speaking opportunities
- Refining the spontaneous into written form
- Presentation with feedback (depending on the number of attendees, we may need to either shorten the presentations or alternate weeks)
- Homework ( there’s always homework) will consist of practice with a friend or family member