Building Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Community House Executive Director
This full-time maintenance position at CHM is critically important to the success of our everyday business. This position will be the caretaker and grounds keeper for CHM. This position reports to the Executive Director. This position will also be “on-call” for any maintenance issues that arise outside of normal business hours including nights/weekends. If needed during off-hours, overtime pay will be provided. Any other scheduling considerations to be discussed with Executive Director.
The Building Maintenance candidate should demonstrate:
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Initiative and problem-solving skills.
– Knowledge of purchasing, supplies, grounds keeping, equipment repair, and general building maintenance.
– Quality control – adherence to safety and code standards and focus on maintenance efficiencies.
– A positive attitude and strong work ethic, as well as the ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
– Tact, pleasant demeanor, and sound judgment must be exercised when dealing with a broad variety of assignments and when dealing with the public.
– Dependability: CHM operates with a small staff. Each employee is critical to the success of day-to-day operations. Must be a team player!
General Duties & Responsibilities:
The maintenance worker will maintain the building and grounds of the facility, handling basic repairs and maintenance, and performing preventative maintenance. Must keep building in clean and orderly condition, completing daily checklists and light janitorial work. Daily examination of the interior and exterior of the building must be performed and issues addressed promptly. Responsible for assessing and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, vendor services, and safety inspections. Must maintain building mechanical systems and equipment. Prepare room setups which includes moving tables and chairs (appropriate carts provided) and general event preparedness in coordination with the Wedding & Event Manager.
Note: An outside cleaning service is contracted for large events and on evenings/weekends. Also, an outside landscape and snow removal service is employed year-round.
– Knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, practices, occupational hazards, and safety precautions involved in performing general maintenance and repair work.
– Possession of a valid driver’s license.
– Ability to safely use power tools, read instructions and drawings, and handle physical workload.
– Basic audio/visual knowledge.
– HVAC technician certification preferred but not required.
– Black seal boiler license preferred but not required.